Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc. Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
Responsible for mixing paints, matching colours, preparing surfaces, and applying paint to these surfaces. May perform touch-ups or coordinate large painting projects related to the construction industry.
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent messes
- Moving furniture and equipment as necessary to reach the entire surface of the project
- Calculating the amount of materials and time required for said project
- Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
- Taping off areas as needed
- Choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors
- Quoting and negotiating job prices
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete
- Communicating with clients to ensure they’re getting the look they’re hoping for